Thursday, January 17, 2013

Writing and Sleep

January 17, 2013
6:20pm


I try to add a little more to my story every day. Sometimes I can get three pages in and then other days only one sentence. Right now I've been trying to think of something to write, but my mind is so tired that over the last few days I've only gotten in a few paragraphs.

Sleep. That is one very important thing I need in order to write well. I'm sure it's the same with everyone; it's just not fun being so tired that you don't want to move.

I have a futon in my room and a few springs broke. I make up for it by sleeping on the very edge away from the springs or in my chair in an upright position. This is both horrible for my back as well as my sleeping patterns because I can't get comfortable. The springs in the futon are nice heavy metal ones that look like something you'd make a weapon out of. I am now afraid to sleep on the futon for fear of impaling myself through my heart or some other serious organ. Buy a new one you might ask? Sleep on the floor? Sleeping on the floor...no. Buy one? Trying to. 

Until then, I'll have to find another way to sleep comfortably enough so that tomorrow I can write as much as possible. I'm still going to try to add some tonight, but I think once I can get a good nights sleep then my brain will be in writing mode.

I try to make it a habit of writing a little everyday. It works wonders, it really does. If you were able to write a page or more a day then you could probably have yourself a nice size book in about 5-6 months.

Before I go, there was one thing I wanted to address and that is- why I haven't described my book or told you much of it. Considering I'm writing a blog about writing my first book, I probably should have more of what it's about in here. For now I won't put a description of my book on here and that's just because I feel safer that my idea or my plot wont get stolen. Once I have it completely written and getting ready to be published, then I'll give you the full details.

I'll still give bits and pieces of it. Once I go over and edit my first chapter - I'll try and put it on here for people to read. Along with some character descriptions.

~Taryn
I leave you with my study buddy :) (Her name is Harley.)




No comments:

Post a Comment