Tuesday, January 15, 2013

To Start

January 15, 2013
12:47am

Well to start off my name is Taryn, I'm 19 and at the moment trying to write a book.

I love reading and writing. Reading is so easy to get lost in and such an amazing way to day dream and I think writing is my own kind of day dream. The first thing I wrote that was more then a few pages was when I was 11, but that was also when I was a huge Harry Potter fan. I think I had about eleven to thirteen chapters. Which ended up being a total rip off of Harry Potter. Except for in my case the main character was a girl with older twin brothers, but besides that it was basically the same.

As I got older I thought it was stupid that I had written that. Who would read that? Who would want to? Not me, that was for sure. Now I realize that was my creative outlet. That was my canvas and I was it's painter. Cliche- I know, but that was my way of day dreaming. I got to add and continue living in my own Harry Potter fantasy world and I think that's really when I started to love writing.

As of right now I have about 10 story ideas - give or take one or two. Out of those ideas I probably have six that I've actually started writing. Of course most of them are no more then a few pages at this time. Two of my stories right now are making me get excited. Actually that kinda feel good feeling that then turns into nerves and telling myself I can't do it.

My first story I started writing two years ago when I was 17. That's the one I'm going to try to finish writing by the end of March. Maybe Feb if I get lucky. I love writing it and as I continue to add to it, the more I find it easier to think of what to say.

The other one is a kinda silly one. I had the idea for it since I was fourteen, but I'd never written down anything about it. My best friend and I were on our very first camping trip together and we went canoeing. So out there in the middle of a semi-clear river I asked her what she thought about writing a book or creating an indy movie. Well of course with our teenage budget a movie probably is never going to happen, but since that camping trip back towards the end of August we have been writing and sending it back and forth to one another and as of now all we have to write is the ending and then we are officially done with it!

I'm not very sure how well the second would do- like I said, it's kinda of a silly idea. I am however very much looking forward to finishing writing my very first book.

The point of this blog is just a way to show people my experiences as I try finish my very first book. My thoughts and feelings. As well as my experiences of getting it published.

~Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment