Monday, April 15, 2013

Organizing and POV

April 15, 2013
8:39pm

I think I'm stalling myself today. After I write this blog, I'm going to go and work on organizing everything I've written and basically just try and make it easier for me to get to each document. I keep questioning myself about all the documents that have to do with my story. I always wonder if most authors have their story all on one word document and then they go around and edit it that way or do they make a gazillion little ones and then add it together once they finish.

I think I just make it worse for myself. I know that a lot of authors have a system they use to help them write, that they organize it from the first to the last page and then some who probably diagram it, criticizing each little part of it until they think they've gotten it perfect.

I do have a lot written and most of it is organized...in each little document that is. I have about eleven documents full of one story; broken down in parts, kinda like chapters. They're not in order though. My documents are named Cstory 1, Cstory 2, Cstory 3 and ect... but here is where it's slightly confusing. Cstory 1 is the summary of my story from start to finish, Cstory 2 is chapter 10 and Cstory 3 is chapter 1. See what I mean? Not very organized, so after this blog I plan on fixing that and making it easier.

On the bright side though I am writing this on my new laptop! I'm happy. Just got it Sunday. I call it my writing laptop, which makes since, considering I plan on using it mostly for writing and nothing else. (Except maybe for reading a book or two about writing a book and maybe also watching my favorite movie...again.)

One thing that I am cautious of is that my sentences don't start with and or but or that all my sentences start with I. I remember my fifth grade teacher talking about that. I follow that advice, but if you agree or disagree let me know.  I do realize though, that when writing first person that is kinda of hard to do. I write in first and third pov. Which do you like better, first or third person?

~Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment